Monday, March 4, 2024

Voila! She’s here!!

 Hey hey hey!!


Drumroll please… (drumroll sound)


My storyboard has arrived! Finally she’s here!


Yet another honest confession (I might start my blogs with a bit a confession), it took me a fat minute to get to my storyboard and even get it finished. I tried old school first, with paper and pencil and it was a complete fail. I just kept on getting frustrated as I was genuniely really nervous and was seeking perfection, which clearly is impossible and even crazy that those two ideas are in a sentence. Soooo, I did a little research (not that much), and went on Canva! In the midst of that small research, or rather confirmation is Canva was a place where I could work, apparently it is a great way to work on storyboards, as it does have an abundant amount of pre-made templates for storyboarding!!


 















Here’s the workplace I took over for a good couple of hours! Per usual, to my left I had the “element” section where I had what seemed like a billion stickers that I could personalize my storyboard with. Although there was a bunch, I did struggle with finding several similar ones, especially the ones for the characters, and even in adjusting the clothing for it to emulate the costuming I had in mind. 

In respects to that issue, I did have to agree to disagree with Canva, hence the mix matching of the characters!! After that it was just a bit time consuming moving everything manually, bringing stickers forwards or backwards etc.

Canva honestly saved my butt!! The process, at least for me, ran much smoother, as it allowed me at least to have a bit more thinking space and process my ideas in my head, as personally, when I’m on paper and pencil, I get more nervous and block everything out. The pre-made templates also helped me even knocking down that sketching-of-scenes phase, which also helped me earn more time and brain space. 

I will definitely be using this again for other projects in relation or not, to media!!

Here’s my storyboard (subject to change, obviously!!)


Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Well... Here's my film opening, "Where'd She Go"!!!! YouTube link:  https://youtu.be/mjLsISQ4VSk Google Drive link:  http...