Monday, March 25, 2024

1 down and 2 more to go!!

 Hey hey hey!!!


Here to announce that CCR part 1 is complete!!! I spent all day on it, well.. since 9 a.m. (it’s 6 now). I can’t tell if that’s impressive or that I’m a slow-poke. 


Anyway… Here’s what I’ve been up to. 


First, I finally cleared my cache, as thanks to my angel friend, she said if I did so it could actually help me download Adobe Premiere Pro, a software editing app, that because of my lack of storage, I have not been able to download. She sent me this great article, but in my case it was no use, so I went to Mr. Google yet again and found one that did help me. I’m not really solid as to what my cache is, but I do want to say that it’s a bunch of gunk from your computer than can get deleted and not delete other stuff (I hope). Just so you can see how needed it was for my computer, take a look:


                                                                               (Yikes)


Well after that, I finally saw light of day and was able to download premiere!!! Yay!! I’m so excited I could scream!!


Okay, so after my happy rush, I went and dove into my CCR, the first part at least. Remember how I said I was going to make a presentation? Well, I did. I really got into it and started researching and making sure everything looked perfect, hence why it took me a whole work shift to finish. I chose my template and started working!!

So what I did to tackle this was pull up the speaker’s notes tab on the bottom left of the page and started blurting out a mix of my research, stuff from my previous blog posts, and generally, what I had in my brain (comes in handy). I normally start projects, any type of them, this ugly and rearrange, set them out, stretch ‘em, and then make them look pretty. 


I chose these two questions for the first half…

  •        How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social group/issues?
How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?


My choice of the first two questions were not only because I love my stuff in order, but generally, I thought that they were the more wordy ones, that with the video I plan on making, it would go over my 10 minute goal. Although I did answer them through my Canva presentation, it still ended up being short of 6 minutes!!


After I would finish my notes, I would look for images that matched what I was saying (Examples).

(This film is phenomenal, but this scene is absolutely crazy, so I thought it would go perfect in what I’d mention about the Drama genre)


After each and every piece of research, including images, I would copy and paste them into a slide I had for all the links/resources I had visited for my “source” slides. After citing my sources, I went back and added bullet points summarizing what I had said, made the pictures pretty with purple borders to match my template, and even some comments in some of them!!


Here’s a sneak peek!




After making my script and slides pretty, then came recording the voice memos to insert them in my presentation!!


This calls for… Bathroom lock-up!!


I have recently found out, considering the amount of VO’s I have had to do for Canva/Powerpoint presentations, that my bathroom is the quietest room I have to record, so I went for it again!! I recorded over and over again and sent it to myself, as I recorded through my phone and needed it on my IPad (don’t forget my lack of space guys)!! Considering what I mentioned like 3 words ago, it took long to receive, backup and all of that nonsense, so obviously that took a bunch of time. 


Finally, I received them and uploaded them to Canva, which to my luck, I somehow got them mixed up and took a bunch of time (yet again) to arrange them as appropriate and adjust the time stamps and everything. Butttttt, I was able to do everything!!!!


Lastly, I exported as an MP4 and uploaded it to my Google Drive, where I plan for the link to be pasted on my blog in almost a week!!!


1 thing down, 2 more to go (editing and CCR 2)!!!!!!


Almost there!! Toodles!!

                                                                        (Source: Giphy)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Well... Here's my film opening, "Where'd She Go"!!!! YouTube link:  https://youtu.be/mjLsISQ4VSk Google Drive link:  http...