Saturday, March 2, 2024

My First Screenplay!

 Hey hey hey!!


So… Today was the day.

My very first screenplay was born!! Well, written.


I’ve honestly been dreading it, I do have to admit. I love writing, but screenplays and scripts are not of my expertise, so obviously, I felt that bit of weight in trying to make it as best as possible (as I also happen to be a perfectionist). It took me a while to understand the puzzle pieces and set them together (hence the time I’m writing all of this) and make sense out of the concept I learned in class, as well as finally putting it into practice.


I did hear about a program called Celtx, that helped writers structure their pieces, or beginners (dummies) like me. Unfortunately, I went in and it did have a price tag attatched to it, so I recurred to searching for another option with the help of my friend Mr. Google. After an extensive amount of research (hitting a whopping total of 5 minutes), I reached writerduet.com, a site that seemed like I was not going to get my personal information stolen from, as well as having a decent script-writing software. 


When I first hit the blank page, I suddenly went completely blank. Thank goodness that I had my “word vomit” document, decently known as my outline, to base my screenplay on. After a good 30 minutes of debating everything I have ever thought of, I got to work. Here’s what the software looked like for reference!


It was great because, as a person like me that gets overwhelemed with technicalities, I was pretty nervous about the placement of things like dialogue, actions, and even characters in the script. This software made it so much more easier to not only place these elements for you, but also to understand where is it that they go and realize why they are placed where they go. Although I got told all of this in class, this software helped me understand and really have everything add up together. 


After a good while of writing, as well as understanding what in the world I was playing with (I took the time to play with the software and understand everything), I finally finished. I definitely see myself editing as my project, especially the storyboard, comes along, but for now, I believe that this is a great way for me to start as I did learn and understand the process that goes in to make a decent screenplay. 


I’ll link my screenplay here :)


I’m tired. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Well... Here's my film opening, "Where'd She Go"!!!! YouTube link:  https://youtu.be/mjLsISQ4VSk Google Drive link:  http...