Saturday, February 17, 2024

Planning for next week!

 Hey hey hey!!!


As I am still trying to collect my thoughts and ideas on the concrete and official outline for my film opening, I might as well begin to use my time efficiently and begin to think about how I am going to organize myself during the next week!!


Next week I plan on finally finalizing and setting my idea straight. As of now I have a general (somewhat) idea of what I want to do, as I have mentioned in previous posts, but it is not as clear, so I will take this post and gear it to my plan for next week and what follows after that. I will begin by making a, brainstorming google doc, which basically is a google doc were I add in all sorts of ideas. Whether it is shots, angles, a possible order of these shots, elements and color schemes, I really enjoy putting all sorts of random information in one specfic place, so that, A. I won’t forget my thought process, and B. give myself an opportunity to eliminate a majority of possibilities and know whats essential and what is not.  I tend to do this often, especially on big projects of all sort, as it truly has helped me to focus and keep my eye on the prize. Here’s a recent example of on of these types of docs!

                                                             


After this very special google doc, I will most likely move onto storyboarding. In my personal opinion, I believe this is the most tedious part, as new ideas may surface and you have to constantly be editing and revising to eventually reach your final destination. For example, in the last project we did in class, the Music Marketing project, my group and I had worked on the storyboard by first opening up that strange doc activity I normally do (with the help of some convincing), and then actually drawing it. Between those two activities, we were constantly in contact whether it be because one of us got a good idea and in a pattern of erasing and adding drawings or different aspects into our storyboard. Even in production, was the storyboarding changing, which for this project I believe will be no exception.

Towards the end of next week I also plan on scheduling filming date(s). Based on my rough sketch of an idea that I have at the moment, alongside the storyboard that should come this week, I feel like I have an idea of the person or people that can participate in this production. I have asked them this past week, which may get me a step ahead in setting a date on when to film. By having that somewhat, technically arranged, I can earn some time in the other aspects of pre-production of this project!


Well, that’s it for now!! See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Well... Here's my film opening, "Where'd She Go"!!!! YouTube link:  https://youtu.be/mjLsISQ4VSk Google Drive link:  http...