Thursday, March 21, 2024

Must-Do in Pre-Editing (Post-Production) phase

 Hey hey hey!!


Now that I have caught myself up a bit, now I can show you what the process is like so I can start editing!!  Today’s post will be primarily about what the process is like to extract these videos from my camcorder, besides that one scene I filmed with a “normal” camera with an SD card, as it can be quite tedious!! 


An obstacle I encountered, that I encounter almost everyday really, is my lack of storage on my laptop and phone! This is been quite the issue as I have had to rework my strategy to take on these, as you saw from my last post, quite of bit of clips. But again, it is better to overfilm than under right??😅😅


Sooooo, my strategy now is to directly delete the unnecessary footage from my camera, as before I tried (what a knucklehead) to go through the process of exporting all the .mod files, converting them, and setting another set of those videos on my laptop. Now, I will just directly choose what shots are the solid ones from my camera and then doing the whole process (yes, guys it took me a second to receive oxygen in my brain cells to come to this much easier solution). Here’s how that deleting looks like, as, to my defense, I did not know how to delete them at first, hence why I recurred to the much more difficult solution. 

Before you start, of course you have to plug in your camera to your computer, well to an adapter to your computer. 

Next, and what I happened to be confused on, the camera will take you to a screen that blocks out all the other amenities of the camera like the videos and that shows you options like playback on pc, connect to device, etc. This part was another trial and error because I first thought that the camera, even despite one of these options, was not going to be compatible to connect with a newer device such as my laptop, but fortunately it did! Here’s what that screen looks like. 















After this screen, and after you press “Playback on PC” it will connect to your laptop. The small catch is that after you try all the folders, like I did (there’s so many), you’ll be led to this beauty.

 
I ended up having to press the SD_VIDEO folder (pretty logical), and see through the PRG002 to PRG005 folders, scrolling to see where the videos I took were. Luckily, and what seems logical, is that they were in the last folder PRG005, by date. After I am assured where my videos are, I can start cutting down on them. Let’s go back to the camera!



See, if you just set your camera like this, where would you guess one could delete stuff? In the 3rd button down, the function button, it’ll open up to a bunch of options, including the delete button.


After I narrow down my options, then I just reconnect my camera again, and start dragging them out, which they shouldn’t be many (my storage is saved yet again), and I can start exporting to my newfound CloudConvert, download them, put them in a folder with another video shot on another camera that can be easily exported and start editing!!


My editing process should not be heavy as by my stylistic choice of mty production including such an informal tool such as a camcorder, would not really need crazy editing, besides them being put together, a black screen insert, some music, and of course, the credits. I plan on tackling that this weekend/week, alongside my CCR, so stay tuned!!


Well, that’s it for me today!! Happy Friday Jr., toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Well... Here's my film opening, "Where'd She Go"!!!! YouTube link:  https://youtu.be/mjLsISQ4VSk Google Drive link:  http...