Thursday, September 21, 2023

Camera Shots/Angles Quiz Review

 Hey hey hey!!


One of my first, or as I should correctly say, preliminary projects of this cool new course, was a quiz. You’d think, “Oh, a quiz? How boring.” Well don’t! This quiz put what I learned about camera shots and angles to the test, literally. The quiz consisted of setting up 15 shots, using all of the shots and angles I learned about, including close-ups, medium, and long shots or high and low angles into a sequence. Within these 15 shots, I had to pick an inanimate object, in my case a pencil and a pen, to convey a message or develop a story. 

Starting off, I decided to make the good ol’ shot list. I first scrammed through my bag to find these objects, and as I previously mentioned, grabbed a pencil and a pen, and decided to go on about their love story. I sketched out a couple of visual shots, but overall wrote down what shots and angles I was going to include based on the guidelines and what would be fit for my story. 

Overall, my project went well! I can say that most of the shots went as planned, but, as a good content creator, I had a couple of obstacles in the way. I had to erase and figure out certain shots because either they weren’t working when I put the subjects into action, or it didn’t go as I thought. 

Besides that, something I feel like I can improve on is being a bit more detailed in my storyboarding and shot list. Since it was my very first project for this course, I got a bit too stressed and went with the idea in my head and the shot list. With this project, I’ve realized I’m more of a visual learner or “rememberer”, so maybe storyboarding a bit more is the route for me. I would also experiment with my camera more. As of now I’m trying to mess around with my phone’s camera settings and what features it holds, as I believe it will be a tool I’ll be using a lot more in my future in this class. 

Well… That’s it for me! Thank you for taking your time to read about one of my first milestones in this class. If you’re interested, I’ll leave the link so you can check out my project!! See ya!


Love, 

Sophia


(In case you were looking for it, the project link is down below!)

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-1J-_09AlAYLgNzf9EOdyjb0Pxe7GNMct89Ykqagj2U/edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Well... Here's my film opening, "Where'd She Go"!!!! YouTube link:  https://youtu.be/mjLsISQ4VSk Google Drive link:  http...